Monday, March 12, 2012

Tool #10


1. Discuss at least three things you would want to make sure your students understand about being good digital citizens.
I want to make sure that my students understand the right way to use the devices. I would like for them to be able to safely navigate around the unfiltered world of technology. There are so many things out there that are not appropriate for students. I want to make sure that they understand what is an apprpriate app or source of technology for them to use.
2. Share at least one of the resources mentioned above or on the Ed Tech website that you plan to use instructionally.
I plan to show my students that short, little one minute video on digital citizenship. I just want them to understand how much freedom they will be given and what the right and wrong ways are to use that freedom.
3. Explain briefly how you would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students.
I would teach the idea of digital citizenship just as I teach my students how to act in the classroom. They need to understand their expectations and know their boundaries. I would present this information to them and remind them that with all of this freedom comes a ton of responsibilities.
4. Explain briefly how you plan to share the idea of digital citizenship with your parents.
I plan to share the idea of digital citizenship with my parents just as I share my classroom expectations with them. I will present the information to my parents at Back to School Night as well as send a letter home with my students. I think that it is very important that the parents understand what I expect form their child in terms of digital citizenship.

No comments:

Post a Comment