Monday, March 12, 2012

Tool #5

1. Use at least two of the tools above to create products. Think about your content. Create a “set” for one of your lessons! Or, consider providing the site as a choice for your students to create products. Make a model for a student created product.
I used Wordle and Glogster. Since we are about to begin World War I, I chose that as my topic for each tool.
2. Then, embed both products in your blog or link to the products from your blog. 
I embedded bothe the Wordle Document and Glogster page below my posts on my blog.
3. Describe for your readers how you think each tool can be incorporated into your classroom - how you could see the tool being used by you instructionally and your students to demonstrate their understanding of a concept or topic in your classroom.
I think that each tool can easily be incorporated into my classroom. I might start off each lesson by taking a look at the page I created on Glogster. That will allow us to discuss specific events leading up to World War I and answer any questions that need to be cleared up. Once we get started, we could incorporate Wordle into the lesson. Each student can create their own Wordle document on a specific part of Wold War I and develop the main ideas and key events that led up to their particular topic. Once they define a few key points, they can create their Wordle document. This approach will be great for those kids who are visual learners. I think that they may enjoy creating their original document and presenting their ideas to the class.

No comments:

Post a Comment